Location based marketing services including FourSquare, Yelp and others have combined with mobile devices to significantly change the way your customer locates and interacts with your business. The amount of information and trust that these sites share has provided consumers a real help when choosing where to shop, eat or go. So how can you as a small business owner make use of location based marketing in your business?
Here are 7 tips to help you cash in on location based marketing!
- Make sure your local listings are correct - Make every effort to ensure that the information listed in Google+ Local, Yelp, FourSquare and any other services you are using is correct. This includes your name, address, phone, maps and any other contact or business information you would like known.
- Make sure your website is mobile responsive - Some 50 percent of all local searches are originating forma mobile device, so it’s imperative that your site renders well in a mobile browser.
- Realize the difference between push and pull - You can push ads out to people who happen to be in your vicinity, as well as appeal to those who are trying to discover an item that meets their needs.
- Local reviews can make a difference - Most shoppers are making local purchasing decisions based upon reviews they come across. It’s still a smart idea to encourage and reward reviews of your business, as this might be the swing vote!
- Offer great incentives - There is lots of stiff competition out there, so a great incentive will almost certainly grab a larger market share.
- Be responsive to reviews and social media - Don’t forget to keep up with your social media, especially reviews. People notice!
- Offer deals for Mobile wallets - Here’s a new one: offer deals to consumers who are choosing to use their mobile wallets, such as through Google Wallet, Passbook or others. You will very likely skin your competition with this one!